Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My New Blog Title

I'm taking a little inspiration from Nie Nie, who I was introduced to through several friends (thanks Wen, Chris, Deb, et al..). Even though we have never met in person, I know that she is a wonderful person who has set a beautiful example for others. Please do click on the link, if you don't know Stephanie. Her story is amazing!!!

I have a tendancy to be a bit of a grump... (SHOCKER!!!! I know.) I also have a tendency to put myself first, rather than others.


It gets especially bad when I get so caught up in the day to days of life that I realize how important it is to focus on the good stuff. So, I'm changing the focus of this blog to reflect the good stuff in life, the stuff that helps me remember that my Heavenly Father loves me. That He loves my husband, my children, my family members, my friends, and even those people I think I really could live without.


For the record, I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the most wonderful message anyone could ever receive. I love knowing that there is someone out there who knows all of my pain, sadness and sorrow, and who wants to help me get through it. It humbles me to know that he cares for me enough to die for me. Then He came back to show me how to live that I might return to live with Him.
I love this picture. I love that He is talking with these women. He knows them. He loves them. He recognizes the busy-ness of day to day life, and reminds us to put it all aside to appreciate the things He teaches.

He sent me a best friend in the Holy Ghost, who can be with me, anytime, anywhere, as long as I am doing my best to follow the commandments of the Lord.

He also sent prophets, seers and revelators to continue to teach me the things that I should know, be and do to return to my Heavenly Father. I know that these men are truly mouthpieces for the Lord, and that by hearkening to what they say we are blessed.


My Heavenly Father also gave me a wonderful family, parents, husband, children, brothers, sisters, extended family and friends, who enrich my life and are the best sources of love that I know. And, while I don't say it enough, I hope they all know how much I love them, and how grateful I am for the love they show me.


At this point in my life, there is nowhere I would rather be than among all these wonderful blessings!


Thank you Stephanie for being my inspiration. May blessings come to your family in this time of hardship, and know that we are all praying for your family, and for the Lord's will to be done!

No comments: