Monday, September 8, 2008

Holdin' Out For A Hero





So my husband totally digs his new nickname...


I guess I should probably explain.


Before I got the new phone, DJ Hero-B's ring was "Holding Out For a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler. There are many reasons, I guess, but probably the biggest one is that he came along at a point in my life when I didn't know how I was going to move on in the love department. He didn't demand anything I wasn't willing to give. He was patient, and 6 1/2 years later, we have been married for just over 3 years. Sometimes the days are not so great, but then there are days like this weekend when the world is so fabulous.


This morning I woke up wrapped up in the warmth of my husband's arms. I'm one of those people who can't fall asleep with people smothering me, so, he waits until I am asleep, and then cuddles me. It was especially wonderful since it was FREEZING in our bedroom because the windows were open. He kissed me gently and said, "I need to get up."


He didn't want to move because he didn't want me to wake up mid-jostle. He sweetly woke me up first.


HOW CUTE IS THAT???


I think he knows I am going to miss him. He leaves early tomorrow morning for Las Vegas (yes, without me, again) for a work thing. He'll be back until very early morning on Friday. I will be working that whole day, and have church stuff on Saturday, then he works Saturday night, then, hopefully we will both be off on Sunday. I can't wait!


FYI-His new ringtone is the UNL Husker Fight Song: There is no place like Nebraska!

No comments: