Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Zippy Tootles... Too "effing" funny (read the blog...)

Preface: My mom, ever since I was a little girl, has determined that the word FART is a word that no civilized person should ever use. It is a "bad word" at her house.

I much prefer the word toot.

Katie, my adorable, blonde 8 year old, has developed two rather annoying little habits lately.

She cannot keep her zipper on her jeans up. (Zippy the clown, I promptly dubbed her.)

She has a little bit of a gas problem. (Tootles the clown, she was also dubbed.)

One day, we were having problems with both of these issues, and I called her Zippy Tootles. She promptly wrote a song for herself. (Sung to the tune of Old MacDonald.)

Zippy Tootles rode in the car
Rode in the car
Rode in the car
Zippy Tootles rode in the car
And farted up a storm.

(I have no idea from whence she gets this....)

On Friday evening, she is having her own little form of gastrointestinal pyrotechnics, and I call her Zippy Tootles. Please understand, we are at my mother's, sitting outside, watching dad blow things up. My mother asks about the nickname and Katie breaks into song.

She finishes, and mom says, "I don't like that f-word".

Katie changes the lyrics.

Zippy Tootles rode in the car
And effed up a storm.

Apparently, there are no words.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my! That is so hilarious! We love to say the "f" word at our house. Caleb is always very polite and says in a loud voice, "EXCUSE ME! I FARTED!". Good effing times.

Audra said...

that's funny! We sometimes say the word 'turbo' at our house. But that's in addition to every other synonym the f-word has!

wendysue said...

Oh my goodness. . .she will love to hear that when she's older!!

We're a "toot" house too, especially Molly.

In fact, Whitney was singing Old MacDonald and said "on that farm there was a Molly. . .with a toot toot here, and a toot, toot there. . "

jheine33 said...

love it just perfect for miss katie.

Portly said...

Oh man, thats too good! You made me laugh and my baby is sleeping! Go Kate! We are a no f-word family too. We prefer the word "foof" Love the song.