Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Music Monologue - We Are the World

I was uploading some America/USA songs into my playlist, and this one came up on the search.

You can click on the title to get a full list of the artist, and the lyrics (as well as who sings them).

Okay - I am a total sucker for 80's music, so this particular song was my big thing about 2nd grade. My teacher (Mrs. Vick) would play this song everyday, because our school was rounding up money for Africa.

I can remember seeing the pictures of the Ethiopians and how skinny they were, and wanting to save my dinner leftovers to send them.

I can also remember a 4th of July picnic in Colorado where we were listening to the radio, and this came on and we all listened.

It's interesting that our world hasn't changed that much. We still take care of one another, and are constantly working to make the world a better place. Our stake has just accepted a task of providing quilts to the Humanitarian Aid. I am so excited to work with my girls on this project. We may never know where the quilts end up, but we will know we helped someone. WE ARE THE WORLD!!!

1 comment:

wendysue said...

Ok, I was a total freak about that song, I had the poster that on the back had all the names of the singers.

I, for some reason, am remembering that at some point, all of the Lincoln radio stations played this song at the same time!! I'm sure I thought that was super cool.