Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yep...

My eternal answer for everything this morning...

Understand before I begin, that I do not get home from work before 11:15pm (last night included) which means that I am not sleeping (no matter how much I want to) before at least midnight. Which, by the time you factor in the 5 am wake up time with the puking kid yesterday equates to way too much awake time.

6:45am - I hear a loud crash and immediately jump out of bed to see what fell. Enter Hailey and Katie's room. A wall mounted shelf had fallen to the ground liberating two china dolls (no, they are not broken). "Mom, can we get up now, instead of at 7?"

Yep. But I am going back to bed.

7:05am - Hailey walks into the room. "Mom, I don't have any clean clothes can you please help me?"

Yep. But I am not getting out of bed.

Child finds and brings me a pair of pants that needs hemmed up (legs too long) and sewing kit. "Mom can you please hem these pants for me?"

Yep. Still not getting out of bed.

I then spend 45 minutes hemming up the pants so she can wear them to school, while helping the other one search for clean pants which are (MIRACLES!!!) exactly where I say they are. On top of that, DJ gets a call from work, and decides that he needs to spend the morning there, so he gets into the bathroom and shower first, even though I am scheduled for a 12 hour shift today. "Is that okay honey?"

Yep. I'll just stink all day and deal with the smell in the bathroom.

"Okay honey, I'm leaving for work. Is there anything I can do for you this morning?"

Yep. Take the kids to school please.

Please understand at this point I have not left my bed since the discovery of the shelf fall...

No one can say I am not positive this morning. As a matter of fact, I don't think I said one thing that was not positive and helpful. (Understand that italics above are my thoughts, not what I actually said.)

Phone rings... "Hero" by Gloria Taylor. (DJ's ringtone) I need a hero, holding out for a hero through the end of the night....

Yep.

"Are you going to work at 9am?"

Yep. That's the plan.

"Can you go with me to my doctor's appointment at 10:30?"

Yep.

"And then we can go out to lunch. See, I just asked you out on a date."

Yep, ya did.

Mina Parker once said "Don't make a habit of surrounding yourself with stress, but when those moments come along, and of course they do, think of them as a blessing. Sometimes, in the eye of the storm, you can find a strength and a focus you never knew you had."

Yep. Blessings....

Strength? Yep!

Focus? Yep, never left!

I still want to go back to bed.

Yep.

No comments: