Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Knight's Tale - Heath Ledger

I can't wait to see the latest Batman movie. Okay, so I like comic book movies, and I LOVED Batman Begins. I was especially excited because actor Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, who is, in my personal opinion an amazingly dynamic character, and a complete stretch for Heath. To my knowledge, he really hasn't done anything like this before.

I love watching movies with Heath Ledger in them. I loved him in "10 Things I Hate About You" with Julia Stiles. And I loved him in "A Knight's Tale." Probably what I love the most are some of the lines in the "A Knight's Tale" movie.

"God love you William... So do I."

"Your men love you... If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. But you also tilt when you should withdraw. And that is knightly too."

This is probably my favorite line in the whole movie. What a wonderful thing.. to consider that those who love us can help us show our true colors. Further, that our willingness to never give up will get us to where we want to be.

I was saddened when I heard of the accidental overdose demise of Mr. Ledger. Several months younger than my brother, the father of a small girl, a talented actor (and - let's be honest) an atractive individual, the news defenitely got my attention. Here is a man who's mother is a teacher, father is a mine engineer, who graduated early so he could be an actor. Worked his butt off, and wanted to be more than he was, with aspirations of grandeur as a producer. He had no intention of giving up.
What was further infuriating, even as his body was autopsied, people could not help but slanderize him. Fortunately, there were those who loved him... and that will be enough.

Were we all so lucky!!!

1 comment:

Audra said...

Love that movie- A Knight's Tale! ...I'm going to fong you - so help me!!

And I love the dance number- great song!

Now I'll have to get it out and watch it this weekend!

Too bad about Heath Ledger- such a cutie and I feel for his daughter...