Friday, June 18, 2010

Renew

Adveristy is an amazing thing.



The tough stuff always has a way of forcing you to start again, and figure out where to go from here.



My grandfather, Ed Miller, had a saying. "Let's go forward from here." As today is the anniversary of his birthday, I would like to talk a little about this concept of starting from here and moving forward as a method of renewal.



My planner is full, and I haven't looked at it, and I mean really worked in it, for about 3 weeks now. Because of my hero's illness and the craziness I have expereinced, I haven't had the time/energy to deal with all the other stuff.



I do have the time now, but not the desire.



The more I look around, the more I see that I need to simplify my life in so many different ways.



I sat down yesterday and put together a list of my goals for now. These are not "Bucket List" goals, rather, they are things that I need to do to maintain my peace. Having a clean slate, as it were, has given me a chance to start again, and you bet, am I gonna take it.

No comments: