Thursday, June 3, 2010

DJ Watch

For those of you who are not completely updated...

I apologize.

This week has been a major blur, and it isn't over yet.

My Hero is in the hospital.

He was admitted last Friday night 11:30 pm with cellulitis in his left calf. Immediately put on IV antibiotics, he basically slept for 3 days.

Improvement. Not super significant, but improvement none the less.

Yesterday, HOPE.

They took my Hero off of the IV meds to watch his response on oral medications.

This morning... DEFEAT.

The swelling has come back worse than before.

Now they think that he has an abcess under the skin that is filling with infection and fluid.

They wanted to do an MRI, but My Hero needs a special one that is not located here, so they either ship him in an ambulance (can you say MOOLA) or try something different.

Which leads me into my rant for the day... Insurance is dumb. It would be NO BIG DEAL for me to put my husband in a car and take him to the MRI, except that insurance prevents that option and apparently it is a big deal.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

So, once again, my husband is in the hospital for an undetermined length of time while we wait to see if/when he gets better.

So, this morning, we are watching The Price is Right, and I can't help but giggle at the irony.

Please continue to pray for best possible outcomes in our behalf.

We appreciate your concern so far!

No comments: