Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's a RASH of adveristy!

Things were looking up last week, and I was holding my own with the help of my Heavenly Father, when Friday night, we were thrown, yet again, for a loop. (Seriously, how did Job do this???)

Hero developed an allergy to his intravenous medication. That's right... we were pumping his body full of stuff it didn't like, pretty much right into his heart via a vein. FEVERS, CHILLS and RASHES oh my!

We went back to the doctor Sunday morning, and they changed his medications. We are now dosing him once a day (instead of three times) for a hour (instead of an hour and half). Today we had a follow up and he is doing so much better.

I dropped Hailey off at the church yesterday so she can go to camp. I'm jealous/nervous but I know she will have a great time. When I have 30 minutes where I am not working or playing triage nurse, I will post some pictures of her departure. I loved girls camp.

Ivory Hill performed at one of our new favorite venues - TOAST - on Saturday night and did such a great job with special guest Irene Taylor! Their balance is infectious!

Today, I am back at work, and can't say that is a bad thing. I really do love working here. If I could just work during the day, it would be perfect.

A special THANKS goes out to my ice cream supplier, WenSu, for Sunday night's treat-and-feet walk! It helped give me the boost I needed to get through these next few days.

Our Stake Conference spent a lot of time talking about Adveristy, and that has been a pretty common theme as I have been reading the Book of Mormon with Hailey and Katie lately. Even as I read the General Conference editionof the Ensign, more and more it comes out to me that trials are a focus for everyone, but that we are constantly being given the methods to get through the issues, and those methods are the same ones we have been employing since forever - Say your prayers, read the scriptures, follow the commandments and the prophets. The Lord never said it would be easy, but He did say it would be worth it. Sometimes I forget that that.

Thank you to those that remind me, either by telling me over and over, or by setting such a good example in the way you live your life. You mean so much to me!

1 comment:

wendysue said...

One of my favorite parts of the Stake Conference Talks was when Elder Smith talked about how we are given adversity to help bond us to the Savior. Love you!