Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Grandpa

This is a picture of my grandpa - Edwin Miller. He is my mom's dad. I love this man. While I was growing up, he was the grandpa who could make the Donald Duck noises, and who was always working. I love this man.

My grandpa is not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been Luthern all his life, because that is what his mother raised him to be. He has been taking the discussions from two very intrepid sister missionaries lately.

Today I told my grandfather a story that I haven't been able to share with him for 3 years. I told him that his mother had her temple work done several years ago, and that she and my great-grandfather were waiting for him to join them. It was a very interesting experience, and I hope that he understands how important it was for me.


I would love to see my grandparents go to the temple together and get sealed for time and all eternity, but I know that I may not see that in my lifetime. I'm okay with that too. I know that they are both good people.

That is something I think we all should remember, we are all children of God, and He loves all of us, members of the church and non-members of the church.

I told my grandfather a profoundly powerful event in my life today, and he believed it. The Spirit spoke to him, and he validated my experience that his mother used to have experiences like I did, impressions and experiences that have no explanation other than that they just are. He has had them too, and because of that, I think he was more willing to accept my story.

I love my grandfather so much! I'm glad that he is living here, near us, now. It has truly been wonderful getting to know him.

No comments: