Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Stack

How tall is yours?

By stacks, I mean the pile of paperwork that must be gone through to run a household. Such a stack might include bills, children's school papers, advertisements, including catalogs, for things I do not need, but cannot live without, and receipts from my wallet (recently cleaned out) that I may or may not need come next taxing period.

It gets higher everytime I turn around.

I promise... these stacks are like bunnies.

Nonetheless, go through them, I must.

So here I sit, at work, sorting through the stack that took 2 bags to get here.

(For those of you who personally know me, you know that these are not cute little clutch bags. NONO.. I use the big, heavy, industrial sized canvas totes. These things should replace rucksacks for soldiers, except for the bright orange color and the gerber daisies embroidered on the side. That could pose a problem for camoflage...)

I digress...

At the bottom of the stack, I find the General Conference edition of the Ensign for May. It strikes me that the foundation of everything in my life is my Savior, Jesus Christ. with His help, I can do anything. He is the center of everything, and he understands all of the stress that my stack fires my way. At the end of the day, though, His words, through His prophets, sustain me. They shoulder the yoke of my burden, and they help me along.

I opened the pages of the magazine, and was drawn to an address given by President Thomas S. Monson called Preperation Brings Blessings. The title alone gave me the peace and comfort I needed after going through my stack. I realized that I am truly blessed.

Thanks to my Heavenly Father!

No comments: