Saturday, August 17, 2013

This is a silver lining post...

Had you asked Wednesday night or Thursday, I would not have been enthusiastic about my location.

I would have been very scared and frustrated.

That's because I was in the cardiac unit of a local hospital with my hero.

Having chests pains two times in three days encouraged him to get checked out at the hospital.  (Okay... so my nagging and worry helped nudge him in that direction.  I also threatened to call his mother.  That was probably the "last straw" motivational tactic that worked.)  He went to the emergency room.  They began running tests...  and more tests...  and evaluations... and more tests...

Thursday afternoon (on his birthday), he was released with a clean bill of heart health.  They have no idea why his chest hurts, but his heart is fine.

The silver lining...  We now have x-rays, echo-cardio-grams, CT scans, EKG results, telemetry notes, blood work results, and vital sign checks that show just how healthy my hero's heart really is.  I'll be honest, I have always worried that his heart would go, and that he wouldn't make it.  I don't so much anymore.  As a matter of fact, I am more confident about his heart than mine right now... because we know.

Furthermore, we found out that his blood pressure is low enough, we should probably have our doctor adjust his meds down.  He didn't even take them the night he was in the hospital because he didn't need them.  We also found out that he has lost some weight, and that was truly a blessing.

While, in the moment, I was not thrilled about where I was, looking back, there really was no place I would rather him be.  Now we know, and knowing is half the battle!

1 comment:

Swuzzle said...

Here we are we have just saying or wand to say after all this best assignment help time our time has come. Here we are still going strong right in the place where we belong It's a new world it's a new start It's alive with the beating of young hearts It's a new day it's a new plan I've been waiting for all of us.