Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Music Monologue - The Simple Things

Happy Mother's Day - four generations of women - and four of the greatest daughters of God I have ever known.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to get to know my grandmother over the last 9 months. She is truly an amazing woman, with so much to share.

I can't say enough about my mom. She is wonderful!!! It is also great to know that as I get older (and so does she - love ya mom!!!) our relationship can change, and I am grateful for what it has become.

SIMPLE THINGS (Jim Brickman)


Hey, time won't wait
Life goes by
Every day's a brand new sky
Every tear


Comes to dry
All that really matters in this crazy world
Is you and I together, baby
Just remember

The first leaves off the tree
The way you look at me
A thousand chiming church bells ring
The simple things are free

The sun, the moon, the stars
The beating of two hearts
How I love the simple things
The simple things just are
So here we go
Let's just dance
Teach my soul to take this chance


Put my heart
In your hands
Out of all the moments that we leave behind
Turn around and tell me baby
We'll remember
The thunder and the rain
The way you say my name
After all the clouds go by
The simple things remain

The sun, the moon, the stars
The beating of two hearts
How I love the simple things
The simple things just are


Oh, the ocean and the sky
The way we feel tonight
I know that it's the love that brings
The simple things to life
The sun, the moon, the stars
The beating of two hearts
I love the way the simple things
The simple things just are


I love the way the simple things
The simple things just are
The simple things just are
The simple things
Just are



This Mother's Day wasn't exceptional, just a little different. I got to spend a lot of the day at work, and church, which was fine. Hailey and Katie offered to fix me breakfast in bed. We didn't have time but it sounded nice.

Wouldn't you know it, though... laundry needs to be done. SO here I sit, waiting for the washing machine to finish a load so I can throw the other one in and it is almost 1AM on Monday.

Dinner tonight was amazing and got me to thinking, though. We had chicken nuggets, tater tots, potato skins and mozzerella sticks. Add a little ketchup, and some fingers, and you couldn't have done much better for me.

My Mother's Day present? The Simple Things - and I already have them... A husband who picked me up - with all my baggage - and loves me - and my kids. Fabulous children who have the sweetest hearts that God could ever bless two people with, some of the best friends that I know I wouldn't be here without (BTW - pic taken with Jim Brickman at his concert December 2006 at the Orpheum, composer of todays piece) and a great job that lets me havethe flexibility to have these things in my life, and lets me work with some of the greatest people I know.

Make sure you listen to all the great mom songs on the playlist. Just click on 'em and they will run. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!

No comments: