Thursday, June 5, 2008

Priceless.....

For the second time in about a week, I have had some expenditures I wasn't planning on...


$5 per towel

NO LESS than 16 towels (fortunately I owned them all previously) have been soaked, washed, dried and soaked again.


Carpet Cleaner $139

We borrowed one of these from my brother and sister in law to help with my little problem.

Wet Dry Vac $250

When that didn't work, we moved to this. That didn't help much either.

The problem, you ask???

We have a corner of our house where water collects, and then comes down, soaking the hard floor part of our basement.

Allow me to emphasize that this does not bother me. I would rather it be the hard floor.

Unfortunately, there is a carpeted yard square spot between the stairs, hard floor and door to the laundry room that always gets completely wet. Of course, it is the first place everyone steps coming into the basement. I'm not talking a little damp, I'm talking pooling water when you step down, and mushy feeling. EWWWWWWWWW!

The easy solution???

Flexible Gutter Extender $10... and priceless.

Guess what I am shopping for today?!?

Kansas City, here I come!!!!

1 comment:

wendysue said...

Eww, I know that stepping onto wet carpet feeling all too well. . .we resolved our issue once and for all last fall.

One of my best memories of our childhood home is when my brother came up and said "mom, there's a flood in my room", he had sat up and put his feet into about 3 inches of standing water in his room.

good times.

We have a well used wet-vac if you ever need another one to borrow.