Monday, June 25, 2012

Doors and Windows

Open 'em up...  That's what I usually say.

In this heat and humidity, keep them closed so that the air conditioning can work.

Metaphorically speaking, however, I have been closing a lot of doors for better windows lately, and I can't say that I mind so much.  It was a pretty common occurrence for me to say "Things will slow down when summer comes."  It was also pretty common for me to say "Yes" to everything.  All of that is changing.  For the first month, life was pretty crazy, but now, there is a definite period of scheduling and  peace.

The girls are headed off to camp today.  Then 3 weeks at their dad's.  I have a standard routine at "work" and another at home.  It's hard to believe that school is only 8 weeks away.  The summer has just flown by.  I am grateful for the peace the Lord has given, and for the blessings He sends each day.

Have a beautiful week!

No comments: