Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fortress of Solitude

Today I thought about Superman and his secret lair.

Up at the North Pole he built, from crystals and ice, a "Fortress of Solitude" to which he could go to hide from anything and everything.

I wonder if cell service works amongst the polar bears and narwhals???

There are times when I am truly grateful for the concept of solitude.  This evening, for example.

I came downstairs to do laundry.  More than anything, though, I just wanted to be by myself.  To listen to the quiet and to feel the peace that comes from a good job well done, throughout the day.  To reflect on the coming day and to move forward without the pain and discomfort that arises in the midst of chaos.

I felt that peace tonite.  I felt the enveloping arms of solitude rise from the impenetrable frigidity of nothing and create a respite from the world.  Here, in the midst of solitude, I found peace.  With that peace I can carry on through the changing chaos around me.

Note of importance:  I was not alone.  My Heavenly Father was with me.  I could feel His Spirit in my mind and in my heart.  The comfort and strength renew my faculties and motivate me to press on.  Even in the darkest times, he is always there, and always with me.  It is in these times of solitude that I truly feel his presence and feast upon the love he bestows.  I am so grateful for all the blessings He gives.

No comments: