Monday, October 31, 2011

Bike Rides

A few weeks ago, my friend Christy  and I decided to take bike rides together.

The first one was a disaster.

The second one was less disastrous, and I definitely rode farther.  I started getting excited about the rides.

Thursday morning, at 5:10am, I decide I am going to ride my bike to my trainer's house for my workout.  It's only 1.66 miles, and fairly level.  I can do this.

I am exactly 3 blocks from her house, when I get hit by a small suv.

No kidding.  It happened.  I'm fine.  Bike is fine.  All is well with the world.

For those unfamiliar, my brother, the judge, has been hit by cars while riding his bike twice.

This is not a family tradition I wish to continue.

Does that mean I will stay off my bike?  Absolutely not.  Way too much fun!!!  (the riding, not the getting hit by cars...)

No comments: