Friday, September 4, 2009

Precipitation

Rain Rain, go away.. come again another day...

I am not a huge fan of rain. Sure, I understand the necessity of the precipitation to keep my lawn wet without me paying extra on my water bill. It is also important to note that rainy days are the perfect time to turn on my little fireplace-looking space heater, find a good book and vegetate all day. Alas, where have those days gone...

NONETHELESS

Rain has a tendency, also, of sneaking into my basement and leaving my carpets and toy room floor wet. Three areas, this time, at last count. While this moderate inconvenience could be significantly worse, the annoyance it brings with it knows no bounds, for instead of taking a nap yesterday, I had to clean carpet and dry floor.

HOWEVER

Earlier this week, I found myself praying for rain. My little car drove me to the state fair and back twice over the weekend. Once, I took my children and their cousins (which was great fun, pictures to follow), and the other I took my friend, Wendy, to a concert (again, pictures to follow). The combination of driving on dirt roads to park and a busy schedule left my poor Mali looking a little like an off-road vehicle without a hose. Time crunches being what they are, I was unable to get my car washed, and every morning, walking to my car, I prayed a silent prayer that some rain would absolve my bronze baby of her uncharacteristic sheen.

This morning, my prayer was answered. As I peer out the front window of my home, I see that the rain from yesterday has washed away the dirt and dew lines. While she is not perfect, I thank heaven for small miracles.

Now... Can the rain just go away for the rest of the day.

I've got a picnic tonight.

No comments: