Sunday, October 19, 2008

Poor Axe...

In an effort to lessen the amount of stuff I have to load and unload into the wagon train on Wednesday, I decided to load Axe's SD card with songs from my collection. I figured I could just run music off of that, and I'd be good for the weekend. (I have a magic little adapter that makes Axe talk to the radio and broadcast. It's awesome!)

I am not going to lie to you.

I have three huge CD cases FULL of CD's and then some.

Axe has a 2GB SD Card.

I really thought this was going to be okay since I wasn't pulling all of the songs off of the CD's, just some off of each one.

Plus, I went through and took off a few songs that I didn't want on her anymore.

UHHHHH...

I obviously had no idea how truly sick I am.

I barely got through ONE CD case before the memory thing told me that it was almost full.

It wouldn't be so bad if the cases weren't labeled by genre, and then alphabetized. I barely got through country, because that is DJ's favorite (I don't have a favorite... I am too ecclectic for that) and I figured he could listen while he drives and I can sleep.

So now I am under the impression that I need to go pick up another SD card (or two, or three) to load the rest of my songs, then I can just choose which card to stick in, and voila!!! A radio station with none of those pesky deejays and commercials.

My husband thinks I'm nuts.

He is probably right.

SO... which songs do you think I should take???

2 comments:

Audra said...

ALL of THEM! Its a long trip and sanity is key! I can't live without 'my' music...so I vote to take them ALL! Buy as many cards as needed...seriously! :)

Shannon B. said...

You are so funny!!! I actually discovered that Axe was holding on to some music I thought I had pulled off, so I had doubles. Now I have almost half of my Card Storage Back.
Update!!! I went to pull off some songs from my Bean and found out that because I loaded Bean with my laptop, which is no longer with us, I can't pull that music off, even to burn to a cd. I am not pleased, but I will survive! (I was going to load the bean for the munchkins, but, you know, plans change!)