Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Going Going Gone...

24 days...

I took Hailey and Katie to Washington on Friday. I was there two hours, then turned around and came right back (Standby is wonderful!!!). (12 hours on a plane is not)

I hate it when they are gone. I feel so... incomplete.

I mean, I have stuff I need to do. I have a husband who likes the attention and having me to himself. I have a house to clean. I have work that loves extra hours. I help with church stuff. But I feel like I am not a whole person.

I'm not gonna lie. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for those two little girls. We got through a lot of tough stuff just the three of us. Still, when they leave, I remember that I should be a person without them, so I am stronger for them when they come back.

I guess that is what it means to be a mom. You sacrifice the little things of yourself to be everything to others. Then when they aren't there, you don't know what to do. Don't get me wrong, I love a little vacation now and then from the rigors of daily life (hence Kansas City in May) but give me a few days, and I don't know what to do. I totally get the empty nest thing.

I held my friend's son on Sunday at church. I take partial credit for him. I was present at birth (labor coach and massage therapist) and then I was daycare. It helped to have him sit with me. I also told one of my friends I would play with her kids this week so she could have little break. I'm dealing. One day at a time... 24 days and counting...

No comments: